6/04/2012

Bestest Weekend! And Pride 2012

I love when a weekend starts out with hype, excitement and a thrill of what is to come. Many times, there is a normal excitement because we just love to play music but sometimes a new experience lends itself to a new excitement. We had such a weekend.
It started with my cousins wedding in Brigham City. Let me just say, she looked SO damn rock star in her gown and I was super proud of her. It was sweet because through the ceremony her husband to be looked at her lovingly the entire time. It was really very beautiful. We had a really wonderful time there and met some new people and ran into old friends.
We then drove to our gig at Fahrenheit Lounge in the Hilton Garden Inn in Layton where we perform the first Friday of each month. We arrived early enough to get to relax and set up in a comfortable fashion (which is SO nice when you have a 3 gig weekend ahead of you). We were told that they had moved where we perform so we set up almost right next to the bar. For some reason, we were just on. I don’t know what happened but it was just a fun night where we met some really wonderful people and sold a few CDs and T shirts. Really awesome.
We stayed with our friends Jackie and Tony and arrived to their house at about 2 am where Jackie had set up a whole to do for us. We walked into the room to a bottle of wine, flowers, chocolates, glasses for wine and an opener, a card (which lets just say was hilarious but private lol) and what we will call a ‘love’ towel in case the mood struck us lol.
We woke the next day and went to lunch with Jackie and then eventually went to hang out and nap until it was time to leave for our gig at Rovali’s Ristorante italiano in Ogden where we perform the first Saturday of every month.
We arrived and it was damn hot out so we were a little sweaty lol but it was fun.
No one was there for the first part of our set so Alex told us if it didn’t pick up we would stop playing but then people showed up and it was a good little crowd. We played and talked to them and had a very successful night there. And as always, FOOD WAS AWESOME!!!!!!
We finished the gig, packed up, and headed home.
Once home it was pretty late so we went through our set list for the next night and went to bed. 
Sunday morning, we woke and slowly got going. I picked a crazy hairdo that would lake me way too long to do so I got started and we got ready and headed to the gig we have desired to play for years. Utah Pride Festival. We were booked to perform on the East Café Stage at 1:30pm and we were SO excited for this. Once there, we were met with EXTREME heat and mugginess lol. It was rough.
The volunteers and staff were fantastic and of course, we loved all the fabulousness around us. Pride is just one of the best festivals ever. We played for about an hour and were privileged to be joined by many friends and nabbed a few new ones as well. We rocked as hard as we could and I didn’t even use my music! No ipad, no book! GO ME lol

We were met by Gavin from City Weekly’s Gavin’s Underground who had interviewed us earlier for the article he posted today and took a lot of really cool pictures as well. He is a super cool guy.
Tim Candalaria took a lot of really great ones too!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Candelaria-Photography/305338682811887

We took our gear away and came back to the fest to check everything out. We bought sunglasses, I got a SL,UT shirt, we won a stop AIDS magnet, got a bunch of stickers for guitars, signed up on mailing lists for things like anti bullying and gardening classes. Can I just say, those beautiful gay boys LOVE my man? He was getting hit on left and right. Told you you’re hot Ty J

We stayed for most of Juana Ghani’s set, and then it was time to go eat.
We hit up Golden Phoenix’s Evergreen Café and before I knew it I had eaten EVERYTHING in front of me lol. It was fun to have Tim, Jen, and Katie join us as well.
Back at home I was EXAUSTED! I felt great about our performances and time we shared all weekend but all I wanted to do was sleep….and I did.

It was a fantastic weekend and I wanted to share it with you all because sometimes I get a little down but there are those times where I just want to say, it always pays off. It always evens out. It always is what you need it to be when you need it to be. Keep working everyone. Dreams are only dreams if you only think about them. J

No comments:

Post a Comment